In this lesson, ExecSense examines the importance of environmental and social sustainability and why building a sustainable workplace is actually good for profits. Take the 60 minutes to learn how sustainability impacts risk, market share, shareholder value, revenue, brand loyalty, and more.
This six-chapter lesson is led by an expert, Joop Remmé, Ph.D. (Board Member of Corporate Responsibility Future at Corporate Responsibility Future), and focuses on satisfying your current interests without sacrificing future generations’ ability to satisfy their own.
In this 60-minute session, you will learn:
- Why companies should pay attention to sustainability, why it improves access to capital when they do, and why institutional investors are so interested in it
- A comprehensive breakdown of the opportunities presented by building a sustainable business: new sources of revenue, increased efficiency, better management, improved corporate culture, and stronger market positioning
- A step-by-step guide to achieving corporate sustainability: how to analyze your current operations, get a handle of your strategy, learn from best-case sustainability examples in your own industry, and inspire your leadership team to promote compatible behaviors
- How to manage stakeholder expectations and ensure they see the benefits of sustainability by understanding their motives, finding allies in management and on the Board, and being open to new relationships
- An analysis of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, the longest running sustainability benchmark, and case studies of major corporations who have made social, safety, and environmental compliance cores parts of their business