According to ERE.net, the financial impact of hiring a top-performing employee is 10 to 100 times that employee’s salary. In this lesson, ExecSense examines why you as COO need to make hiring and training practices your focus, and align your talent management strategy with your HR department’s recruitment approach. Learn how to use social media and the internet to pinpoint the best talent, what incentives you should offer to get top-performing employees onboard, and how to retain them in the long term.
This lesson is led by an expert on the topic, James Brown, Ph.D. (Professor – Capella University), and focuses on the importance of getting operations and human resources on the same page, and why talent rises.
In this 45-minute session, you will learn:
- How to work with HR to ensure your company’s employment needs are being met with effective recruitment practices
- The most important talent management techniques that can help you get more out of your current employees and tips for recognizing and harnessing unique talents in your team members
- Why fostering a positive workplace culture, encouraging development, and establishing clearly defined roles are important operational tasks
- How to establish a consistent performance evaluation system that can directly lead to employee success and company growth
- Specific case studies of COOs who have taken on talent acquisition and employee development initiatives as fundamental responsibilities and what you can learn from their actions