In this lesson, ExecSense and expert, Chris Benjamin (CFO – Rogue CFO), examine how essential accounting concepts are crucial to presenting an efficient and competent case on behalf of your client. Underestimating the importance of your number-crunching abilities will set you back as an attorney. Are you prepared to represent and protect your client’s wealth?
Learn how argue with numbers, and remind yourself of your obligations to your client. Confront accounting issues that will aid your cases regarding acquisitions, taxes, leases, pensions, profits, bankruptcy, and more.
In this 50-minute session, you will learn:
- Everything you need to know about accounting standards of GAAP, IFRS, deferred revenue, and Sarbanes-Oxley, as well as your legal and ethical duties as an attorney regarding finance and accounting
- The most important ethical, practical, strategic, and financial considerations for attorneys practicing in corporate, commercial, or tax law
- How to analyze and interpret accounting statements, as well as understanding accounting implications as they relate to legal matters at your company
- Tips and techniques for developing the best analytical skills, methodologies and accounting principles as they relate to General Counsel
- Success stories of legal professionals who will demonstrate standard-setting ethics in financial reporting for legal cases