In this lesson, ExecSense examines the latest guidelines surrounding non-disclosure agreements (NDA). Ensure your trade secrets are protected when exchanging confidential information with external parties, prospective customers or vendors by having effective NDAs in place.
This 5-chapter lesson is led by legal expert, Rob Turner (Founding Member – InTown Legal), and focuses on the key areas General Counsel must consider when crafting an NDA and the legal ramifications that come from an ineffective agreement.
In this 50-minute session, you will learn:
- How to ensure your non-disclosure agreements have appropriate levels of protection, protect your own company’s information, and ensure any confidential information you receive is also properly protected by the law
- A list of the most common terms of non-disclosure agreements including the length of time they remain active, what kind of information they protect, and non-solicitation provisions; why open-ended terms can cause problems for your business
- How to prepare for a negotiation ahead of an NDA and what to do if the terms of your agreement need to be reexamined later
- What to do if an objection to the NDA arises: if a potential investor refuses to sign, if a party disputes the definition of “confidential information” or non-circumvention provisions, or if information is disclosed prior to an agreement’s acceptance
- Specific, actionable tips that can help guide your NDA processes, including limiting access to a “need-to-know” basis, building legal language into your digital correspondents, referencing your NDA in other relevant documents, and more